This Masala recipe is very popular in many regions of India, Pakistan, and Bombay.. Considered street food, the sandwich is served in many small restaurants, markets and food booths stationed in and around big cities throughout Asia.
People love them because they are not expensive, they make perfect on the go food which can be consumed immediately and above all they are flavorful.
How To Make A Potato Masala Sandwich
1. Add butter in a frying pan over medium heat then add cumin seeds and roast for 1 minute. Add a cup of mashed potatoes, salt, chili powder. turmeric powder, garlic powder, ginger ground, chat masala and cook for 5 to 7 minutes while mixing all ingredients with the potatoes.
2. Now add the coriander cook for another two minutes while stirring and mixing with the potatoes. Then set aside.
3. Take two slice of un-toasted bread and spread butter on them. Then lightly spread green chutney on top of the butter.
4. On top of the green chutney spread the garnished mashed potatoes on both breads,
5. Now on one bread add sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes and shredded mozzarella and flip the other bread to make a sandwich. (See Pic Below)
6. Butter both sides of the sandwich and toast in a frying pan on medium low heat. Press the sandwich gently with a turner until both sides are toasted and turn golden brown.. No need to press hard it’s not a grilled sandwich. Your goal is to toast the bread to get that nice crunchy texture.
7. Once toasted take away from pan and place the sandwich on a clean surface or plate.. Spread a light layer of butter on top, then another layer of green chutney, some more shredded cheese and you are done. Congratulations! You made a great Masala sandwich. Cut the sandwich in half or in four pieces to enjoy as a snack.
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Spatula To Stir
Ingredients For This Recipe
Mashed Potatoes (1 Cup)
2 Toast Bread Slices
Green Chutney For Spread
Thinly Sliced Cucumber.
Thinly Sliced Tomato
Thinly Sliced Tomato
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Cumin Seeds (1/4 Tsp)
2 Pinches Of Salt
Chili Powder (1/4 Tsp)
Turmeric Powder (1/4 Tsp)
Garlic Powder (1/4 Tsp)
Ginger Ground (1/4 Tsp)
Chat Masala (1/4 Tsp)
Pinch Of Black Pepper