I tried this tempura recipe before posting it and it’s absolutely delicious.. The shrimp tempura was perfect however I do suggest cutting the vegetables in smaller pieces the tempura batter sticks better. Also make sure you roll the vegetables or fish in flour before dipping them in the tempura batter.Tempura is one of the most popular Japanese fried food made from fish and various vegetables.
Some favorite ingredients used with tempura are shrimp, eggplants, carrots, whitefish and even mushrooms. To prepare Tempura, first you have to prepare a batter made of eggs, flour and water and then deep fry them. Shrimp Tempura is one of the most popular appetizers in the world.
Tempura Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make Shrimp Tempura & Vegetables
1. Preparing the tempura batter.. Pour an egg in a medium size mixing bowl, add one cup of cold water and mix it with a whisk.
2. In a separate small bowl sift 1 cup of cake flour with a sifter to refine and get rid of the lumps.. Then add it slowly to the tempura batter while mixing. Make sure the batter has no lumps. Set aside for later.
3. Prepare your shrimp and vegetables.. Make two or three cuts on top off the shrimp not too deep and place them on a scott towel or clean surface, cut the vegetables that you want to fry with the tempura.
4. Prepare to deep fry: Pour 1 cup of cake flour in a small bowl and place it next to the tempura batter with the sliced vegetables and shrimp.
5. Place a frying pan on high heat (320 F) with oil (put enough oil to fill half the pan).
6. Once the oil is heated take one piece of vegetable or shrimp and dip it in the cake flour, turn it in the flour until well covered. Then dip it in the tempura batter and do the same then deep fry until crispy and slightly golden. Repeat process. Enjoy!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Ingredients For This Recipe
1 Cup Of Cold Water
1 Cup Of Cake Flour For Batter
1 Cup Of Cake Flour To Dip