Rote Grutze is the ultimate berry dessert and is most popular in Northern Germany, Denmark, Poland, Norway and Sweden. The recipe originated in Germany and uses fresh berries or frozen berries.
The dessert only takes a few minutes to make and is absolutely delicious especially if you love berries.. “Rote Grutze” in english means “Red Pudding Jelly”. The recipe below is one of my favorites and easy to make. Enjoy!
Rote Grutze Recipe (Berry Dessert) – How To Video
How To Make Rote Grutze – Instructions
1. Cut the strawberries into small pieces and place them in the sauce pan, then add the blueberries, raspberries, 1 cup of fruit juice, 1 cup of sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
2. In a small bowl add 100g of instant vanilla pudding and mix it with water to instantly make the vanilla pudding then set aside.
3. Put the saucepan with the fruit mix on the stovetop and set to medium heat, when it starts boiling add the vanilla pudding and slowly stir to let all the fruits and ingredients blend.
4. Lower the heat while stirring until it forms like jelly.. You now have Rote Grutze! You can now serve it in pudding cups or whatever you may desire. Enjoy this sweet delight!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe:
- Medium Saucepan
- Glass Pudding Cups
- Spoon To Stir Or Spatula
- Fresh Strawberries (225g)
- Fresh Raspberries (130g)
- Fresh Blueberries (100g)
- Sugar (1Cup)
- Vanilla Extract (1 Tsp)
- Cinnamon (1 Tsp)
- Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding (100g)
- Fruit Juice (1 Cup)