Here’s a Apple Strudel recipe that is great for those of you who don’t want to go through the process of making the dough from scratch. In this case “Puff Pastry dough” is a great alternative. Try this recipe It’s quick, easy to make and delicious! There are several good brands that sell strudel dough sheets. It just has to be thawed then rolled to the shape you want.
You can find them at your local grocery store or online. I personally use the puff pastry sheets from Pepperidge Farm..
Apple strudel is a traditional Viennese and German dessert that is also a popular pastry in different countries like Austria, Bavaria, Northern Italy, Czech and in many other countries of the world. When served as a dessert it is usually paired with vanilla ice cream and assorted berries. A great dessert dish for holidays or any occasion.
Apple Strudel Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make This Apple Strudel Dessert
1. Add 2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and 3 tbsp of crushed almonds into a small bowl and mix.
2. Add 1 150 g of raisins in another small bowl and add a cup of warm water.. Let settle for a couple of minutes then drain the water.
3. Cut three peeled apples into small little cubes and place them in a medium size bowl then add 1 cup of room temperature water. Squish some lemon juice into the bowl and set aside for later.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan over medium heat, once the butter melts and starts sizzling add the chopped apples, stir and then add 3 tablespoons of sugar, 20 grams of vanilla sugar and finally the raisins. Give it a final good mix while cooking and remove. Apples should be caramelized but still firm.
5. Drizzle some flour on a clean surface and roll puff pastry sheet into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle then spread a light coat of butter on it.
6. After the light coat of butter spread crushed almond mix on top.. Then spread the cooked apple filling half way (see pic below).
7. Now fold the pastry sheet over the apple filling and roll it to form a cylinder. Then fold both ends to close the strudel and glaze the strudel with butter. Finally pierce some holes on top with a fork.
8. Bake for 40 minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees F. Enjoy!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Spatula To Mix
Ingredients For This Recipe
Puff Pastry Dough Sheets (500g Thawed)
Sugar (2 Tbsp)
Cinnamon (1 Tsp)
Crushed Almonds (3 Tbsp)
Sugar (3 Tbsp)
Butter (1 Tbsp)
Vanilla Sugar (20g)
Flour to roll dough
You May Also Like: The History Of Apple Strudel