Cheesecakes are one of the best things in the world, aren’t they? Even reading its name in our article will probably leave you craving for it! Cheesecake is undoubtedly is one of the world’s most preferred and beloved desserts. Most of us around the globe attribute the origins of this creamy delight to the city of New York.
The great city has taken the dessert to another level and have literally rewritten the cheesecake recipe in culinary books. Here’s a cheesecake that is New York inspired with a creamy rich texture that will leave anybody coming back for more.. It is darn Yummy!
New York Cheesecake Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make This New York Cheesecake
1. Grind 300g of shortbread cookies in a food processor to make cookie crumbs. Then put the cookie crumbs in a mixing bowl, add 100g of melted butter and mix it.
2. Pour the cookie crumbs in a springform pan and flatten it with the end of a glass to make the crust of the cheesecake.. Make sure you leave crumbs on the sides of the springform pan (See Pic). Bake at 360 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Now put 600g of cream cheese in a mixing bowl, add 150g of sugar, add 200ml of 30-35% cream. Give it a good mix until the texture is nice and creamy..
4. Add 3 eggs with 1 tsp of vanilla extract and continue mixing until ingredients are well blended in.
5. Take the baked cookie crumbs out of the oven and pour the cheesecake filling in. Fill it up to the top.
6. Bake at 230 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes. Place the baked cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least five hours, overnight is best.. WOW! Wasn’t that easy! You just made a great New York style cheesecake.. Enjoy with family and friends.
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Spatula To Mix
Ingredients For The Cookie Crumb Crust
Shortbread Cookies (300g)
Melted Butter (100g)
Ingredients For The Cream Cheese Filling
Cream Cheese (600g)
30-35% Cream (200ml)
Vanilla Extract (1 Tsp)