Alongside traditional foods and cuisines such as tortillas, tamales and salsas.. Tacos are one of the most recognizable food items linked to a countries food culture and that country is “Mexico”. In this Taco dish we used ground beef cooked with various spices that are used in authentic Mexican taco recipes.
The meat filling is absolutely tasty, it is paired with a fresh salad mix underneath and combined with a homemade taco shell that is OMG! Hearty and juicy deliciousness in every bite… Have fun cooking this recipe, let us know if you liked it.
Taco is one the most versatile food dishes on the planet, they can be eaten as snacks on breaks, on the go lunch meal, serve them as appetizers or even make it a main dish dinner night event..
Beef Tacos Recipe Video & Instructions
Step By Step Instructions
1. In a mixing bowl add 1/2 cup of plain flour (Maida), 1 cup of Maize flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 spoon of baking powder, 1 tablespoon of oil, add 1/2 cup of warm water then whisk and mix with your hands until it forms into dough. Cover with a tablecloth and let it rest for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes roll out the dough until it’s thin, with a 6 to 8 inch (diameter) bowl or cup press it into the dough to make circles.. (Decide how big you want your tacos and use the proper size bowl).
3. Once you have the taco dough formed pierce little holes on the surface not too deep with a fork. Don’t need to pierce on both sides. Deep fry the taco dough on both sides until you see some golden brown..
Note: While frying the taco dough lift it a little to see if there’s some golden brown bubbly spots then flip to cook the other side.
4. After each taco dough that is cooked form it into a taco shape with a dough roller by placing the dough roller in the middle of the taco and squishing both sides (see pic below), if you are frying the taco dough with a deep fryer you are better off using a taco basket.
5. Once your tacos are done place them side by side or on a taco holder until beef filling is ready.
6. Preparing The Spices For The Beef Filling: In a small mixing bowl add 1 tsp of ancho chile powder, 1 tsp of regular chili powder, 1 tsp of ground coriander, 1/2 tsp of thyme, 1 tsp of smoked paprika, 1 tsp of cumin and mix them a little. Set aside for later.
7. Preparing The Taco Beef Filling: Pour 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan on medium high heat, add the chopped onions, garlic and green bell peppers… Stir fry for a minute or 2 then add the ground beef with a pinch of salt..
8. While stir frying the ground beef filling add the mix of spices you prepared earlier, then add 1/2 a cup of bone broth or beef broth, stir and mix until beef is cooked.. Turn off heat and let simmer until the salad is ready.
9. Preparing The Salad Filling: Ok, were almost done.. Salad is easy.. In a bowl add red cabbage, head of green cabbage, green onions and shredded carrots.
8. In a small bowl put 2-3 tablespoons of avocado mayonnaise, add 1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil and mix. Add it to the salad with a pinch of salt and mix it all up.
9. Preparing The Taco: Hold the taco in one hand place the salad in the taco then layer it with the beef filling on top.. Congratulations! You just made the best homemade tacos, you can top them how you like.. (Tomato cubes, sliced peppers, little sour cream.. etc)