In Italy the original traditional Bolognese sauce was and still today usually done with a flat spaghetti called tagliatelle, we call it “Tagliatelle Ragu alla Bolognese”. As the dish became more popular countries outside of Italy used spaghetti and is now known as “Spaghetti Alla Bolognese”.
Tagliatelle (flat spaghetti) alla Bolognese is actually a Lasagna Bolognese but prepared differently. In Bologna, the Spaghetti Bolognese is mostly served with fresh tagliatelle, often with fettuccine or pappardelle not spaghetti.
Spaghetti alla Bolognese Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make This Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
1. Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat, toss in the chopped carrots, celeries, and onions.. Cook for 1 minute then add the minced meat with of pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook until meat gets brown..
2. With an immersion hand blender mix the peeled tomatoes until it becomes a tomato sauce. Then add the sauce in the frying pan with the meat and chopped vegetables, stir sauce with meat until all ingredients are blended for 1 minute…
3. Put a lid on the frying pan, cook the bolognese sauce on low heat for 2 hours.
4. Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, wait until it boils add a tablespoon of salt.. Then toss in the spaghetti for 8 minutes.
5. When the spaghetti is done pick it up with a tong from the boiling water, make sure the water is drained and toss it immediately into the bolognese ragu sauce.. Mix the spaghetti in the pan, stir well until spaghetti absorbs the sauce.. Congratulations! You made a spaghetti bolognese. You can now plate it.. Enjoy!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Ingredients For The Bolognese Sauce
1 Yellow Onion Chopped
2 Celeries Chopped
1 Carrot Chopped
Minced Veal & Pork (can use Beef If You want) (350g)
Peeled Tomatoes (700g)
Olive Oil (3 Tbsp)
Pinch of Salt & Pepper