Pizza dough is the basis for creating amazing pizzas, making a good dough will determine the crunchiness, softness and texture of your pizza. Tasty Toppings combined with a great pizza dough is what you should aim for to make the best pizza.
However getting the right softness, taste and texture of dough may require practice and sometimes it may take some tweaking like adding more water, changing flour brands.. etc. This Pizza dough recipe is one out of many that I use often.. Enjoy.
Pizza Dough Ingredients
Ingredients For Two Pizza Doughs
1.5 cups of warm water (About 110%)
2 Teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons Of Salt
2 Cups Of Manitaly Flour
2 Cups Of Double Zero Flour
Sugar (1 Tsp)
How To Make This Pizza Dough
1. To prepare the pizza dough, start by dissolving the yeast in the warm water at room temperature. To do this add 1.5 cups of warm water (110 to 115 Degrees) in a fairly small mixing bowl, then add 2 tsp of active dry yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Stir vigorously with a whisk until it’s all blended then let it settle for 10 minutes.. After 10 minutes you will notice foam will form.
2. Pour 2 cups of Manitaly flour and 2 cups of Double Zero flour into a fairly large bowl then pour the yeast in the middle of the flour and start stirring slowly with your hand. While stirring with your hand add the salt and olive oil until it starts forming into dough. You may add water or extra flour if needed.
3. Once the dough has formed. Put it on a clean floured surface or a silicon rolling mat and knead it well. Watch this video for “Kneading Lessons”.
5. When the dough has levitated, take it and divide it into two parts, then give the two parts of the dough a spherical shape, you may want to coat it with dry flour to make it easier. Now cover the two doughs with plastic wrap and let them rest for another 30 minutes.
6. After you have rested the two doughs, place one at a time on a clean surface with a little dry flour and roll it with a rolling pin to give them the shape and size you like best (the round one is the classic form for pizza). Watch this video on “how to roll out the pizza dough”. For advanced chefs there are other ways to stretch out the pizza dough.
Making the best pizza dough is all about experimenting, practicing and tweaking your dough ingredients to your likings. In fact, there is no such thing as a best pizza dough because people who enjoy eating pizza may like crusty, soft, thin or thick pizza. The trick is to find the right balance..