An easy recipe with big and juicy flavor! In this recipe we used traditional all American meatloaf ingredients.. It’s Delicious. Meatloaf is an easy-to-cook meal your entire family can enjoy. It is an American comfort classic most grew up on. But have you ever thought where meatloaf actually originated & how this dish became so popular?
The roots of meatloaf cuisine date back to the early fifth century! Using whatever ground meat was on hand, people at that time combined the protein with seasonings & stale breadcrumbs to create a food meal that was flavorful & filling.
Momma’s Meatloaf Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make Momma’s Meatloaf
1. Dice half an onion and add it to 2 pounds of ground beef in a mixing bowl. Then add 1 teaspoon of salt, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, half a cup of milk and 1 large egg with 2 tablespoons of Worcester sauce.
2. Finally add 1 cup of dried bread crumbs and start mixing with your hands until all ingredients are well blended in with the minced meat.
3. Once the ground beef is mixed well shape into a sphere like oval shape (see pic below) and place it in a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.
4. While the meatloaf is cooking you can prepare the glaze sauce.. Pour half a cup of ketchup in a small mixing bowl, add brown sugar with Worcester sauce and stir.
5. Remove the meatloaf from the oven after 50 minutes and glaze it all over with the sauce.. Then put it back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Enjoy Your Momma’s Meatloaf! 👍☺
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Baking Sheet Or Baking Pan
Ingredients For The Meatloaf
1/2 White Onion Diced
2 Pounds Of Ground Beef (Can Mix with Pork Or Lamb)
Salt (1 Tsp)
1 Tsp Of Basil
Red Pepper Flakes (1/2 Tsp)
Oregano (1 Tsp)
1 Large Egg
1/2 Cup Of Milk
2 Tablespoons Of Worcester Sauce
1 Cup of Dried Crumbs
Can add 3 Tbsp Of Ketchup (optional)
Ingredients For The Meatloaf Glaze
1/2 Cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
Worcester Sauce (1 Tbsp)