Learn how to make homemade ravioli’s, It’s an easy pasta to prepare and worth the time.. The thing that makes Ravioli special is the way it’s prepared out of love and affection for family members and loved ones during festive occasions..
Little History: The earliest verifiable accounts of stuffed pasta (ravioli) in the Italian culinary scene date back to the 1500s in the aristocratic courts of Milan from the northern Italian region of Lombardy.
After a few years, the recipes and preparations trickled down to the Italian regional food scene and from there to the rest of the world as we know it today. Same method can be used to make different kinds of stuffed ravioli fillings such as vegan, meat, cheese and even shrimp ravioli. Enjoy eating these fresh Ravioli and have fun making them!
Homemade Spinach Ravioli Recipe Video & Ingredients
Step By Step Instructions
1. Pour the “00” flour on a clean surface and make a hole with your hand in the center.. Then add the eggs in the hole and start mixing with a fork starting from the center going outward until the flour and the eggs start forming into a dough.
2. Once the flour and eggs form into a dough you can start kneading the dough until all clumps are gone and texture is smooth.
3. When you are done kneading form into a ball, wrap it with kitchen plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. While the dough rests you can start making the spinach filling.. Add the sheep or cow ricotta in a bowl then chop the boiled spinach into very small pieces and add it to the ricotta, then add the grated parmesan cheese and mix until it’s well blended and forms into a thick cream texture.
5. After 30 minutes.. Take the ball of dough and cut it into 6 to 7 thick slices, take each slice and roll it out to make the dough thin.. You can do this with a dough roller or simply passing it through a pasta maker.
6. Lay two or three thin pasta dough’s on a table, and start placing little balls of spinach filling with a pipe about 2 to 3 inches apart.. Then water the edges of the dough around the ball of spinach filling. See Pics below or video for step by step instructions on how to make the spinach ravioli.
7. To make Mezzaluna stuffed pasta with spinach filling simply follow the same steps but instead use a round cutter. Enjoy your fresh ravioli’s!