Fun Fact: The first versions of nuggets appeared during the California Gold Rush in the year 1850. A century later, delicious chicken nuggets were actually presented in the world.
Note: In this recipe I used bread crumbs, you can also use oats through a food processor and mix it with the bread crumbs. However, If you use only oats the nuggets will be less crispy.
Chicken Nuggets Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make This Chicken Nuggets Recipe
1. Take 4 slices of square white bread, remove the brown edges on the bread and slice the rest into cubes, then place them into a food processor to make them into crumbs.
2. Now add the chicken breast into the food processor with the bread crumbs.. Then add soya sauce, white pepper powder, paprika, garlic paste, ginger paste, and a teaspoon of salt.
3. Set the food processor on pulse until it becomes into a chicken paste. Then drizzle about 1 tablespoon of oil on the chicken batter and add some oil on your hands.
4. Spread the chicken batter on a clean surface until you reach the desired thickness you want for the chicken nuggets, in this recipe I made them about 1/2 inch thick. Once you have it spread out discard the edges and cut the batter into squares.
5. Crack an egg into a small mixing bowl and add 1 tablespoon of milk, pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder, and beat for about 1 minute.
6. Dip one chicken nugget at a time into the egg mix then dip it into the bread crumbs making it’s well covered with crumbs.
7. Deep fry until chicken is cooked and outer shells are golden brown.. Enjoy your nuggets!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Small Mixing Bowls
Ingredients For This Recipe
4 Square Breads (un-toasted)
Chicken Breast (500g)
Soy Sauce (1 Tbsp)
White Pepper Powder (1/2 Tsp)
Paprika (1/2 Tsp)
Garlic Paste (1/2 Tbsp)
Ginger Paste (1/2 Tbsp)
1 Cup Of Bread Crumbs Or Oats