There are so many variations of chicken fried rice today however this recipe is the original chicken fried rice in China where I live. The fried rice is usually added with meats such as chicken or pork..
The secret to make the best chicken fried rice packed with flavor is to cook the ingredients apart and add them at the final stage.
Once you know how to make a basic chicken fried rice dish you can add whatever you wish that will suit your palette. (Cashews, Ham, Shrimp..etc)
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Cooking The Rice On Stove Top
1. Wash the rice by placing the rice in a bowl and adding water, then drain the water. Do this three to four times times.
2. Then place the washed rice in a medium size pot and pour double the water. For example if you are using one cup of rice it needs two cups of water. Once the water is added turn on your stove to high heat.
3. Add 1 pinch of salt and let boil for about 10 minutes, do not put the lid on pot. Check the rice after 10 minutes and when you see the water has completely settled, lower the heat and put a lid on pot and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes take the pot of rice off the oven and let settle with the lid for another 10 minutes.. The steam will cook the rice making it nice and fluffy.
Making The Chicken Fried Rice
1. Chop the romaine lettuce, carrots, and scallions, and put them all separated in cups or small bowls. Make sure you have all ingredients separated.
2. Then cut the chicken breast in strips or cubes whichever you prefer, then place the shredded chick in a bowl. Add 2 table spoons of starch and 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce. Then stir with chopsticks or spoon.
3. Crack the two eggs and stir them in a different bowl.. Add a table spoon of vegetable oil in a wok pan an throw in the eggs until done just like making scrambled eggs. Once done take the cooked eggs out of the pan and put them in the same bowl.
3. Take the chicken and put them in the same wok pan with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Stir and fry until chicken is cooked. Take out the chicken and place them in a plate or bowl.
4. Next add the peas, carrots, and corn with a 1/2 a cup of water in the wok. Stir until the water evaporates and add the chopped romaine lettuce. Then pour in the cooked rice and keep on stirring, now add the scrambled eggs and cooked meat.
5. Add a pinch of salt, one tbsp of light soy sauce and dark soy sauce and keep on stirring. Finally add the scallions (Green Onions) and a little chicken essence (1/2 teaspoon) then stir well and you are done.. Plate your chicken fried rice and enjoy!.
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Wood Spoon Stir
Small Mixing Bowls
Ingredients For This Rice Dish
1 Cup of White Jasmine Or Long Grain Rice (Enough For 2 People).
1/2 Cup Of Water.
2 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce and Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon of Chicken Essence
1 Cup Of Peas
1 Cup Of Corn
1 Cup Of Chopped Carrots
1 Cup Of Chopped Romaine Lettuce
Salt To Taste
2 Tbsp of Starch
1 Cups Of Chopped Scallions (Green Onions)
1 Chicken Breast Or Boneless Pork Chop