McDonald’s fries are arguably the best and quality fast food item ever invented. With their perfectly fried crisp exterior, soft, and pillowy interior it has been coined overall the best french fries in the world.
This french fry recipe comes very close (taste & look) to McDonald’s fries if you cut them thin.. You can also cut them thick and serve them as side dishes with BBQ or roasts. The taste and crispiness will not change no matter what size you cut them, they are so crazy delicious.
Mcdonald’s French Fries Copycat Recipe Video
How To Make These French Fries
1. Buy large potatoes, one by one cut the sides off to form a square shaped potato then cut it into small thin strip shaped french fries.
2. In bowl place the french fries in room temperature water for 5 minute. this will clean and take out the excess starch from the fries.
3. After 5 minutes take them out and path dry with Scott Towels.
4. Pour water in medium size pot about 3/4 full.. Bring to a boil and add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of corn syrup.. Let boil for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes shut the heat so the water stops boiling and add the fries in the hot water for 10 minutes. The potatoes will absorb all the sweetness of the sugar and corn syrup.. This is what will make the fries crispy and flavorful.
5. Take out the fries with a strainer and path dry.. Time to fry them.
6. Add oil in a sauce pan wait until it’s heated and pre-cook the potatoes for 2-3 minutes then take them out and path dry again.. It’s a little tedious work but the results will be worth it.
7. You will notice the fries will be soggy, don’t worry they will become amazingly crispy the next time you fry them. Place fries in the fridge for about 30 minutes if you want to cook them later or you can freeze them and cook them on another day or next week.
8. After 30 minutes take out the fries from the fridge and deep fry them for about 7 minutes or until they become crispy golden brown.. Remember to always let the oil heat up before you add the fries.. They should be sizzling as soon as you put them in.. Enjoy!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Scott Towels To Path Dry
Steel Spider Strainer
Ingredients For This Recipe
Long Big Potatoes
1/2 Cup Of Sugar
1/2 Cup Of Corn Syrup
Cooking Oil (Canola, Vegetable, Or Peanut)