Every region around the world has their signature version of cheesecakes.. New York likes to use heavy cream and cream cheese while Italians use Ricotta cheese. Germans like to use cottage cheese, and Greeks prefer to use Feta. One thing is for sure they are all delicious in their own way.
In this recipe I sort of used more of a New York style approach with heavy cream and cream cheese. It’s easy to make and great for chocolate lovers..
Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make This Chocolate Cheesecake
1. Crush the butter cookies in a sandy texture in a small bowl, then in a another bowl melt 50g of butter and add 6g of cocoa powder and mix it. Then add the mix to your crushed butter cookies and stir.. Once the cocoa butter is mixed with the butter cookies put it a springform pan and flatten to the base of the springform. (See Pic)
2. In Another bowl add the cream cheese, heavy cream, cocoa, powdered sugar, egg, melted chocolate and mix with a spatula until the texture is smooth and creamy with no lumps.
3. The next step is to make a volcano hole in the butter cookie mix that’s in the springform pan, and pour the chocolate cream cheese mix into it. (See Pic)
4. Bake for 1.5 Hours at 120 degrees over a water bath to make it nice and moist. (A water bath is simply a pan or tray of hot water placed in the oven). When the cheesecake is baked take it out of the oven and place in the fridge overnight.
5. The next day run a knife through the sides of the cheesecake and open up the spring form.. Your chocolate cheesecake is done! You can now serve it or decorate it with chocolate or however you want. Enjoy!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Small Bowls For Ingredients
Non Stick Springform Pan
Spatula To Mix
Ingredients For 1 Chocolate Cheesecake
50g of Butter
128g OF Butter Cookies
300g Of Cream Cheese
73g Of Powdered Sugar
74g Of Melted Chocolate
102g Of Heavy Cream
6g Of Cocoa for butter cookies
6g Of Cocoa for cheese mix