I would like to thank Mark from NY for sending me this video. Took me two days to edit the video and I couldn’t resist making this donut recipe myself, I used powdered sugar instead to coat them. I can personally tell you they are mouth-watering and so YUMMY! Try it out and let me know what you think… Adriana
Large chains and food owners like Krispy Kreme & Dunkin’ Donuts have actually dominated the whole donut world for the past few years but also people love to make this sweet dish in their homes and it has become one of the major parts of modern-day living.
Nowadays donuts are found everywhere, they are served at breakfast, parties, weddings, as desserts, business meetings, they also make great on the go snacks.
Vanilla Custard Donut Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make These Donuts
1. Preparing The Custard for the Donut: Pour 3 egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add the sugar then give it a good mix with a whisk. Add cornstarch and mix it again.
2. In a pot or saucepan on low heat, add 350 ml of milk and 50g of cream then pour in the egg mix slowly while stirring. Stir until it becomes into a creamy custard texture then add 1 tsp of vanilla extract and continue stirring until all ingredients are well blended.
3. Preparing the Donut Dough: Add 160 ml of milk in a small mixing bowl, 50g of sugar, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 5g of dry instant yeast. Stir with a small spoon until it’s well blended.
4. Add 350g of bread flour in a bigger mixing bowl and then add the yeast mix slowly with 1 whole egg.
5. Mix it until it forms into a dough then add 40g of unsalted butter and continue mixing.. Once it forms into a dough you can knead the dough on a clean surface for a couple of minutes..
6. After kneading, form the donut dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 1 hour to grow (ascend)..
7. After 1 hour stretch the dough with a roller and pierce circles into the dough. You can do this with a glass (see pic) or a round biscuit cutter.
8. Put the dough circles you have made in a baking sheet with parchment paper under, put a table cloth over it and let them rest for 30 minutes.
9. After 30 minutes you can start frying the donuts.. Put enough oil in a frying pan over medium high heat to cover half the donut.. Place the donuts in and fry until golden brown on both sides.
10. Coating and Filling The Donut: After frying them you can coat them with granulated sugar or powdered sugar. After coating the donuts with sugar fill up your piping bag with custard.. Then pierce a hole on the side of the donut to create an entrance for the custard. Note: Best to do it with a donut piping tip.
11. Once you have made the hole you can fill it up with custard using your piping bag.. Congratulations! You just made delicious homemade vanilla custard donuts.. Enjoy this yummy treat!