There are many variations of Chicken Chow Mein dishes, this recipe is a traditional chicken chow mein recipe and it’s how we do it at home in China. You can add baby bella mushrooms, broccoli or whatever vegetables you want.
I used egg noodles bought from the market however many Chinese people make their own fresh noodles from scratch. So what is Chicken Chow Mein? Chow mein is basically a Chinese noodle dish that is stir-fried with a choice of vegetables, meat or tofu.. Chicken is most popular. This dish is usually served as a main course meal or as a side dish (small portion).
Chicken Chow Mein Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make This Chicken Chow Mein
1. Cut the chicken breast into strips and then cubes and place them in a mixing bowl.. Add the cornstarch, salt, sugar, cooking wine, black pepper, oyster sauce, and light soy sauce. Mix well and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Thinly shred the onions, carrots and cabbage, put them in another mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Bring water to a boil in a large or medium pot and add the noodles. Boil for about 5 to 6 minutes and taste.. They should be done.. Then drain the noodles in a colander and rinse with cold water.. Put the noodles in a bowl and set aside for later.
4. Add cooking oil to a wok pan, fry the chicken on medium heat until it’s golden in color and remove. In the same oil add the broad bean sauce, onions, carrots, cabbage, and the chicken.. Put them in one by one continuously frying and stirring. Finally ad the noodles and stir to mix all ingredients.
5. Add the dark soy sauce, chopped scallions and salt to taste and stir mix for the last time. Congratulations! You just made a wonderful chicken chow mein dish! Enjoy. Some great additions to this recipe include.. Broccoli, shrimp, beef, mushrooms.
Cookware For This Recipe
Pot To Cook Noodles
Frying Wok Pan
Kitchen Tong Or Chop Sticks
Ingredients For This Recipe
Chicken Breast (120g)
Cooking Wine (10g)
Light Soy Sauce (10g)
Dark Soy Sauce (10g)
Oyster Sauce (10g)
White Sugar (2g)
Broad Bean Sauce
Black Pepper (2g)
Egg Noodles (150g)