This Omelette Roll Recipe is one of my favorite dishes to make for breakfast because it’s so versatile, easy to make and a little different from the conventional omelettes. You can add whatever you want to this omelette roll and still have a hearty tasty treat for breakfast or brunch. It’s basically a crepe topped with an omelette then rolled.
For this recipe I added various types of vegetables, spices and mozzarella cheese but I made many omelette rolls with ham, sausage, American cheese, French brie.. etc. Basically top it with whatever you like, roll it up and enjoy with the family.
Cheese Omelette Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make Cheese Omelette Rolls
1. In a mixing bowl add one egg, a pinch of salt, milk and mix well with a whisk. Then add the flour, baking powder and continue to mix until there is no lumps. After the batter is smooth and creamy, set aside to make the omelette.
2. Take another mixing bowl pour two eggs into it and add a pinch of salt, the chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, coriander, green chili, chaat masala and mix well. At this point you can also add your own ingredients like ham, chopped bacon..etc.
3. On low or medium low heat add a tablespoon of butter in a non stick frying pan, spread the butter evenly through out the pan and pour in the omelette batter. When the batter starts hardening add the omelette mix on top.
4. When you see the eggs almost done flip the omelette.. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes then flip it again and add shredded cheese to your liking.. In this recipe I used mozzarella.
5. Once you add the cheese put a lid on the pan and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
6. Now take the omelette and place it in a plate and roll it while it’s hot.
7. Once the omelette is rolled let it sit for 5 minutes so all the ingredients and juices blend.. After 5 minutes cut the rolled omelette in half or you can make them look like sushi rolls and serve.. Enjoy!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
2 Mixing Bowls
Non Stick Pan
Ingredients For The Omelette Filling
Pinch Of Salt
Chopped Onions (1/4 Cup)
Chopped tomato (1/2 Cup)
Coriander Leaves (1 Tbsp)
Green Chili (2 Pieces)
Chaat Masala (1/4 Tsp)
Shredded Mozarella Cheese
Butter (1 Tbsp)
Ingredients For The Omelette Batter (Crepe)
Pinch Of Salt
Milk (1 Cup)
Flour (3/4 Cup)
Baking Powder (1/4 Tsp)
You May Also Like: History Of Omelettes