The original Russian beef stroganoff (“stroganov”) recipe is made from the thinly sliced beef, usually taken from a tender cut of meat like fillet, since this dish needs to be the kind of lean meat that can be sautéed effortlessly.
The amount of Stroganoff sauce is preference, some like it very creamy and some like it with less cream but the original recipe is always the same. Beef Stroganoff pairs well over pasta, white rice, and mashed potatoes.. In this recipe we topped mashed potatoes with stroganoff.
Beef Stroganoff Recipe (How To Video)
How To Make This Beef Stroganoff Dish
1. Cut 500g of rib eye steak on a cutting board in slices.. Sprinkle with salt, then black pepper and mix with your hands. Then add the flour and continue mixing always with your hands.
2. Put 2-3 Tbsp of oil in a frying pan on medium high heat and toss in the beef that you mixed. Cook until the meat is medium well done. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan & oil toss in the chopped onions and saute them until onions are glazed or a little brown in color. Now add the meat once again and stir for 30 seconds.
4. Now add 20 grams of butter, tomato paste, chopped garlic and 100g of sour cream. Stir until all ingredients are blended. Add 100ml of water, a bay leaf and keep on stirring.
5. Add this point if you like your stroganoff with more cream you can remove it from the stove top and it’s ready to be plated.. Or, you can shut the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes with a lid. The meat will be glazed with less cream. Enjoy! Place on top of mashed potatoes, white rice or pasta.. Enjoy!
Cookware Needed For This Recipe
Wood Spoon To Stir
Ingredients For This Recipe
Boneless Rib Eye Steak (500g)
Salt (1/2 Tsp)
Flour (1 Tbsp)
1 Chopped Yellow Onion
Tomato Paste (2 Tbsp)
Sour Cream (100g)
1 Chopped Garlic Clove
1 Bay Leaf
Water (100 ml)
Oil (2 Tbsp)
You May Also Like: History Of Beef Stroganoff