These Bruschetta topping ideas are from culinary chef (Valerio) who works in a 5 star restaurant in Italy.. We asked him to give us the most popular bruschetta toppings they serve and some tips on making them.. (See Video Below)
A good example of “less is more”. The small toasted breads with toppings are usually served as appetizers before a main course meal and sometimes they are served before appetizers with hors d’oeuvres. They are great tasty snacks to serve while people are having their cocktails and mingling with friends.
Tips On How To Make The Best Bruschetta
1. Do not use too many ingredients for the topping, instead focus on using a few ingredients that pair well together. Sometimes one ingredient is all you need.
2. Use homemade Italian bread, they tend to be more dense with a thicker crust.. When grilled they have the right crunchiness outside and softness inside. You can buy good homemade bread at most local Italian Bakeries.
3. Do not leave the toppings on the bread for a long time especially tomatoes and olive oil, this will make the bread mushy. Instead, leave the bruschetta topping apart and when ready to be plated and served you place the topping on the toasted bread.
Bruschetta Topping Recipes (How To video)
9 Different Bruschetta Recipe Ideas
1. Chick Peas Paste & Caramelized Onions Bruschetta
Add a can of chick peas in a mixing bowl with a generous pinch of salt, then add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with lemon zest. Mix with an Immersion mixer or food processor until it becomes a paste (pate). Spread the chick peas pate on top of the bruschetta then add 1 to 4 caramelized onions.
2. Ricotta Cheese & Chili Jam
Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the bruschetta and drizzle some chili jam on it, so delicious!
3. Classic Tomato Bruschetta
Chop 3 round tomatoes into small little cubes, add a pinch of salt with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix well.. Place the tomato topping on the bruschetta. You can add a teaspoon of finely chopped garlic and fresh basil they are great additions to this recipe. If you have a cheese lover in the house add shredded mozzarella.
Pâtés (Pastes) That Pair Well With Bruschetta.
Spread the Pâtés below on top of bruschetta breads and drizzle some olive oil..
4. Truffle Pate
5. Mushrooms Pate
6. Olive Pate
7. Artichoke Pate
Bruschetta Toppings That Pair Well With Unsalted Butter
8. Bruschetta Anchovies
9. Bruschetta Caviar
Enjoy these great little appetizers!
You May Also Like: Easy Bruschetta Recipe With Basil & Olives